I’ve been wanting to make mango cake and cupcakes for the longest time. It’s one of my favorite flavors. I’d rather have a slice of creamy mango cake than a rich chocolate cake. Last week I finally had the chance to make one. Thanks to Aikko for making a blog about it. It inspired me to make my first ever mango cupcakes. I also made langka (jackfruit) cupcakes. I just divided the recipe into two. Here’s the recipe:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups milk, room temperature
1 cup diced mangoes plus more for garnish (1 cup diced langka/jackfruit)
1. Prepare diced mangoes and langka/jackfruit (opps…the langka were not diced yet in the pic).
2. Preheat oven to 350F. Line standard muffin tins or silicon cups with paper liners. Whisk together both the sifted flours, baking powder and salt.
3. With an electric mixer on medium high speed, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
5. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of milk, and beating until combines after each. Beat in vanilla.
6. Divide the recipe into two and fold in the mangoes and langka.
7. I used ice cream scoop to put the batter in the baking cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating the muffin tins halfway through, until pale golden.
8. Cool cupcakes in a wire rack. You can top it with whipped cream garnished with mangoes and langka. Or you can eat it directly even if without frosting. That’s what we did and we love it!
Aikko shared this recipe which is adapted from Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes [Blueberries and Cream Cupcakes]. Try this one…it’s yummy!
Visit my facebook page–Bake Shop, for my sweet creations and baking supplies.
Following the success of our first Cake Pops and Chocolate Lollipops Class, we will be offering the same class this coming Decemeber 1, 2012. Here are the details:
SugarFilled Cake Buddies