As a trying hard cook (and I still consider my self a newbie in the kitchen world), I often get ideas in my cooking from recipe books or from food blogs. I really spend time online exploring different recipes posted by foodies. Also, I buy cook books or food magazines every now and then.
In my post today, I would like to share to you our dinner the other night which hubby loved. It’s chicken with sweet pineapple chunks. I got the idea from my online cooking idol, Pinoy Cook. Here’s how I did it:
Ingredients (good for 2 persons):
- 4 pieces medium-cut chicken meat (I used the drumstick and wing parts)
- pineapple chunks, drained (small can)
- pineapple syrup (from the syrup of the can of pineapple chunk)
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. of chili flakes
- about 1 tablespoon of Knorr seasoning (since I don’t have fish sauce or patis)
- 2 tbsps. of cooking oil
- salt to taste
- First, I boiled the chicken (until tender). Then, I prepared the rest of the ingredients.
2. Second, I heated the cooking oil on a pan (I used Canola oil) then put in the chicken (note: stir it). After few minutes, I put the garlic, onion and chili flakes.
3. Third, I mixed the cornstarch in the pineapple syrup then pour it on the chicken mixture. Then I added the pineapple chunks. (Note: Cook over high heat for about three minutes or until the sauce is thick and clear).
Here’s a portion of the cooked chicken with pineapple chunks. I’m happy that hubby find it delicious. The chicken was tender, the pineapples were yummy and it had a sweet and spicy taste…just perfect! 🙂