There are times when planning a meal becomes tasking or should I say you will run out of ideas on what to cook for the family (a food that will make the eater happy and satisfied). I have a husband and a daughter who are quite picky-eaters so you can just imagine the challenge on my part plus I have hypertension also so I must watch what I eat. I’m sure some of you can relate with me.
Anyway, yesterday for our breakfast I felt lazy so I just want an easy to prepare and easy to cook meal. What’s in my mind is a scrambled egg but I wanted to give it a twist, so I experimented using the ingredients I can find in our fridge. I called this breakfast meal scrambled mixes.
- 3 medium-size ripe tomatoes
- 1 onion
- half cabbage
- 2 pieces of jumbo hotdog
- 2 pieces large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or miracle whip
- 1/8 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 tbsp oil (I usually use vegetable or canola oil)
- Saute the onion and tomatoes. After a couple of minutes, add the cubed hotdogs.
- Then add the cabbage. Mix together then add the egg mixed with the mayonnaise and milk.
- Put salt and pepper to taste.
4. Transfer to a serving plate.
This is a very easy to cook breakfast meal. My husband loved it (my daughter only eats rice with soup). Try this for your breakfast too!